Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engine Advice. new to me or keep current.

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just called him today and confirmed that the new engine will be a direct fot for my car an that the engine going is indeed a phase 2 moto but he does only use 6 star head gaskets on all the engines he rebuilds

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyx View Post
    any suggestions on what questions i should ask him. when i first talked to him he said he would use my timing belt cover and intake manifold for the new one. do i just need him to make sure that the one he wants to put in my car is phase 2 non interferance motor?
    he also said he uses 6 star head gaskets? idk if those are oem or not
    just called him today and confirmed that the new engine will be a direct fot for my car an that the engine going is indeed a phase 2 moto but he does only use 6 star head gaskets on all the engines he rebuilds
    Six Star head gaskets are a coated aftermarket MLS gasket. They cost a few dollars more than OEM gaskets. I have had no experience with them, but as long as the job is done right you shouldn't have any problems. Ask him if he warranty's any of his work or the parts. Probably not, but can't hurt to ask.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

90 day unlimited mileage warrenty

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Perfect! Honestly, it sounds like a steal of a deal to me. Hopefully he's a standup guy that does good work and stands by it!

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm just hoping the person following me down does not bail on me. 2 hour drive there then he said it would be about 3 days for him to get it done.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks every one for the help it is greatly appreciated

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks every one for the help it is greatly appreciated
    Anytime.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New engines in running smoother than ever before. Throwout bearing obliterated it self while i was 30min from the guys shop though haha. Now I just have to try and sell the gasket kit i bought for the old engine as the dealer will not take the gaskets back. thanks again!

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm glad everything worked out for you! If I am ever in need of an EJ22 gasket kit, I will definitely let you know.

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

the guy that put in the engine told me they would work with 2.5s N/A since the valve covers identical but no bites on any of the 5 forums i have them listed haha thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast