Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ball joint on 07 Wrx. Help!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ball joint on 07 Wrx. Help!

Have a 07 Wrx with steel lower control arms and want to know if I can just replace the ball joints or have to get new control arms.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

The ball joint is replaceable. There is one bolt with a lock pin underneath. Remove that and you'll be able to pull the ball joint.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help. I appreciate .

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just FYI check the MAN FAC warranty. i got mine replaced plus the ball joint and Tie rod replace for free cause where it was sold like UM NY LOL so just to give you a warranty bumo bro SPECS 07 WRX under 75K sold in various states with HIGH SALT just trying to look out

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SWP 07 Hawk View Post
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate .
    No problem. Good luck with the job!

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My 07 Wrx has 130,000 miles on it and all the dealer did was spray a coating on the lower control arms.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SWP 07 Hawk View Post
    My 07 Wrx has 130,000 miles on it and all the dealer did was spray a coating on the lower control arms.
    I think that was a recall that had gone out before. i had gotten a recall on my 04 wrx and thats what they did, just inspected and sprayed as long as it was till in good shape.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yeah I remember that recall it was back in fall/winter 2011.
    It was a geographic recall Subaru Dealers inspect the degree of corrosion and either replace or rustproof the control arms on vehicles registered in the 20 snow winter states included in the recall.
    My 05 WRX just got a rustproof coating they told me they didn't need to replace it.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The coating the dealership sprayed on my control arms is already flaking off and it hasn't been a year.