Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: looking for new battery

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

looking for new battery

im lookin for a new battery for my 04 wrx. I have aftermarket head unit and sound system as well as lights and guages. I am runing stage 3 for engine. i had an optima red top but its only almost 2years old and is already not holding a charge so in the market for a new one. Just trying to see whats recommended and see some pricing. Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

The AMS small battery kits are nice... best price though would be to go through them directly.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We carry the Odyssey Lightweight battery for $153

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tuning Products View Post
    We carry the Odyssey Lightweight battery for $153
    is there anything special i have to do to mount a lightweight battery? Can you ship batteries? to 17098. ill be in touch as soon as i get a check from work or one from irs, which ever comes first...

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

standard bat and a capsitor from MCM Electronics i used them in my Mustang, Delta 88, 89 Regency 98, Tahoe, Suburban and a slew of other cars. a Stinger single, dual, triple or even the six pac with give you the jump you need (if youre stereo is the voltage issue) if not then the lightweigh batt mod is what you need.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nice ^

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1 more thing if you go with a lightweight batt then i recommend having the capsitor or atleast a large single to offset the load on the mini B and still let youre amp pump at decent efficiency.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Omegared99 View Post
    1 more thing if you go with a lightweight batt then i recommend having the capsitor or atleast a large single to offset the load on the mini B and still let youre amp pump at decent efficiency.
    ok thanks ill be looking into that