Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low oil light when oil is full

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

low oil light when oil is full

Maybe you can give me some insight into why my 2011 3.6r sometimes displays the low oil level indicator at start up. I had the oil changed last October at a Subaru dealer. They put in synthetic (what kind I have no idea). Since it's gotten colder, I get this indicator some mornings. It will stay on until the next restart. The oil level is full.

I never had this issue last winter, and I was running regular oil. Could this be the oil they used, the filter, or both? Something else?

I'm getting AMSoil and filter this week and will change that out 3 months early.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Did they tell you 7500 miles for an oil change?

PS: We sell Amsoil!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I think 10k or 6 months. But this will be early, because I want to get amsoil in it. (My friend's husband sells it!)

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

How many miles you have on the oil?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's a good question! Maybe 4-5k. I don't keep such records. I'm also going to use the oil cleanser (forgot the real name) prior to new oil.

My friend is going to send a sample of my current oil for analysis.

Do you have recommendations on an air filter?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I use nothing but Amsoil products. I love their filters.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I don't think amsoil has an air filter for my car, at least he told me this today...cabin filter, yes, oil, no. If you know otherwise, please share!

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You Subaru is an Outback correct with a 3.6r. This should be the oil filter EA15K20-EA.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm sorry...I mixed up my post. I have the oil filter. I need a good AIR filter. AMSoil site does not list one for my car, 2011 3.6r outback.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I would go with a AFE dry flow filter so you don't have to keep replacing them. You can go to the Vendors forum on here and ask in the request a price forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast