Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alternator, Battery or short???

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Alternator, Battery or short???

Noob here, go easy on me.... 2002 WRX, 4 cylinder. The car jump starts and runs fine but while running the gauges and radio go dead, then jump back on intermitently. Battery charges a little after a long run. Battery terminals are clean. So this could be a short, a bad battery (It's only a couple years old), or a bad alternator (Original). Any thoughts on how to proceed before I start replacing things. Thanks

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

take alternator of and have look at by like auto zone. Check the main grounding points first I.E. To the engine trans, and fuse area, look for condensation in fuse box under hood and in cabin. If you have a system I.E. subs and stuff look at the wiring and make sure your remote and positive leads are seperate and not together or to a ef'd up switch, and check the batt for a screwed Cell. thats all i got right now darn seagrams 7 whiskey hahhahahhahahahha

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Let us know your progress/outcome too!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Any time you start having electrical problems, especially ones like this that seem random, check all of the grounding points. Usually something is not grounded properly. After that, if everything is in order, you can start checking for shorts or failed parts.