Miles: 222k on body, 145k on motor
    Transmission: 5MT
    Title: Clean. In hand. History report shows 1 minor accident from PO
    Lien: None
    VIN: 4S3 BK6756 W6301711
    Seller's email address: Kenmccambridge@yahoo.com
    Asking Price: $2,500 OBO

PM me for my cell phone number

I purchased this car back in May of this year. It had 208,256 miles on it. It now has just short of 221,400 miles clocked. I replaced the engine in late august with a motor I purchased from another member on here a month earlier. It was from a 1998 Forester and it has less than 145k miles on it. When I replaced it, I replaced: The timing belt, tensioner, some pulleys, water pump, thermostat, the passenger side head, both head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, EGR valve, the throttle body, coil pack, plug wires, and spark plugs.

I have replaced:

- Radiator and fans (OE replacement radiator designed for the 96 GT which has a - larger capcity that 98 OE stock)
    - The motor and all aforementioned parts
    - Clutch (Exedy KSB04 kit)
    - Hub assembly (front, passenger side installed from my 98 OBL parts car)
    - Axle (front, drivers side installed from 98 OBL. NO joint play whatsoever)
    - 3 tires (all used, different brands. There's more than at least a few thousand miles left in them. OD differences are within allowed tolerances. front, drivers side has about 1,000 miles left but should be replaced fairly soon)
    - Ball joint (Mooge. front, passenger side)
    - Rear view mirror
    - drivers side door panel
    - windshield wipers

I have repaired/fixed:

- Restored headlights and fogs
    - I have restored the paint using compounds, polishes, waxes, and a lot of buffing to the best of my ability
    - painted the rear side window trim
    - repaired exhaust cat pipe-to mid pipe coupler with flex pipe.

*Disclamaimers*

This car will be sold in as-in condition (pictures will be uploaded in a reasonable amount of time).

There are a few dents and scratches in the car. One on each front fender, and one small one in the rear under the drivers side tail light from someone hitting me in a parking lot. At some point in it's life it was in a front end collision. The whole front clip has been re painted. There are several bushings underneath the car that should be replaced at some point to improve ride quality. **Last week, the bumper actually fell of while I was driving. So, there is now a crack. I will update with better pictures of the car and this damage soon.

The following parts are things that should be raplced/repaired (steering rack, seat belt, door latch, shift linkage, and trans parts seat belt) really don't have to be replaced right away. It's just stuff to get done at some point.

There is some play in the rack. Steering is tight, but you can feel it wander when cruising. It's been that way since I bought the car.

The seat belt has some fraying. I have a replacement but have not replaced it yet. It's been that way since I bought the car.

The door latch closes the door, but it could be closed a few millimeters more if the door latch is replaced. It doesn't leak at all, but there is some extra road and wind noise from it. It's been that way since I bought the car.

The shift linkage was shot when I bought the car. I have a bolt that can be used to repair it, but have not installed it. I put some washers in the rear part of the linkage. As a result there is half as much side-to-side play.

The brakes will probably have to be replaced within the next six months to a year. There's a decent amount a pad left, and it stops the same way as when I bought it.

The power steering pump needs a gasket for it to stop leaking. I've gone through about 2 quarts over 15.5k miles. *I do not have this part.

It also might need an axle soon. There is a body wobble when you step on the gas hard, and when you get over 60 mph. I think it's one of the axles causing it.

The only real issue with the car, more or less, is with the transmission. A couple of months ago 10% or so of the 3rd/4th shift fork broke off. It drives and shifts perfectly fine as long as you don't rush it into 3rd gear. Also, 5th gear syncro has been shot since about a month after I bought the car.

---

For $2,200 OBO I will include my power steering rack, trans shift linkage repair bolt, and door latch. The 98 GT wheels have been removed (found out one was bent) and replaced with my 96 GT wheels/tires. All have good tread except for the edges of the rears. The rears were also flat for a long time so they seem to be a bit out of round. It feels like you're going over small bumps at just over 50 MPH.

PM me with any questions you have. I've got my eye on another car, so this one needs to go! I'm going to be sad to see it go, but I hope someone who can appreciate what this car is will buy it.

Thanks for looking guys! Link to 50 plus more pictures: http://s1056.beta.photobucket.com/us...holla/library/

Last edited by Kenny; 02-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

OP updated to be as specific as possible.

50 plus pictures viewable here: http://s1056.beta.photobucket.com/us...holla/library/

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

OP updated with current pics and pricing information.

I'll take $1,700 for this... If anyone on here wants it.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sold!!