Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil in pan not reaching dip stick

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Oil in pan not reaching dip stick

Ok guys alittle worried about what I am noticing about my wrx. I do an oil change and two maybe three weeks goes by and I peek at the oil level and get an ugly scary site of the dip stick being dry. Oil light doesn't come on. Anyone else have this issue ? Any answers will be awesome. Don't let me down guys. Peace out.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Oil in pan not reaching dip stick

What oil are you using, and how many miles on your WRX?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Honestly, it sounds like to me that your using up oil faster than most. Oil consumption is somewhat common with the turbo charged EJ's.

Take the intake hose off the top of the intercooler, and look/feel inside it for oil. If you have a lot of oil in there (there will probably be at least a little bit) then you are getting oil blow by, most likely from the turbo.

How many miles are on the turbo, engine, car?

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Royal purple with 63, 394 on the clock.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have heard people burning oil using mobile 1, royal purple and such. I use Amsoil and have zero burn. Might want to try Amsoil once to see if it stops.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

if you cant get Amsoil right away, I use Castrol Edge in the gold bottle.. i never had any problems...

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

WTF

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Will keep the info in mind next oil change. Thanks guys.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Re: Oil in pan not reaching dip stick

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWRX View Post
    Will keep the info in mind next oil change. Thanks guys.
    No problem.