Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Changes...

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Changes...

I know I havent posted in a long time. My forum activity has been lacking as of late due to the fact Ive been getting ready for my son to arrive, all kinds of peranting classes and nursery remodeling have beem pretty time consuming. I thought I would update everyone on my car situation. I sold the L and bought a 05 Forester. I immediately lowered it and threw my stock WRX wheels on it. Took the header and axleback off the L and also installed that on the Forester. All that made for a nice DD that I can actually haul things in.

The L for reference.

and heres the replacement, the Forester.

Then two weeks ago I was out driving around and found my favorite Subaru sitting on a used car lot for sale, a WRB hawkeye STI on gold BBSs. I had to stop and take a look. The salesman had no idea what he had and after explaining to him I work at a dealer he started asking me questions about the car rather than trying to fumble his way through a sale. After a couple hours at the dealer I decided the STI was going home with me. I traded in my 03 Vf-39 WRX and actually got the payments down to what I was paying for the WRX so I was pretty happy. He also let me take a few things off the WRX and keep them for the STI which was nice. I love the STI, it feels sooo much tighter and has alot more low end than the WRX ever did even with the mods. I already have parts ordered for the STI so it isnt staying stock for long. Even better is I checked the STI out and it appears to have been really well taken care of plus the engine has great even compression and the car practically looks new inside and out.

The WRX.

and finally the STI

Since these pictures I have put the RS*R GT2 exhaust on and swapped the front lip with a little more subtle one. Im going to order springs for it and the AccessPORT should be here for it tomorrow. I cant wait to play with the flat foot shifting and launch control.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Changes...

Congrats on the Baby and the Forester and the STI.
    The WRB are beautiful and I bet your excited to play/mod the STi.
    Please keep the updates coming and it was good to hear from you.

Diamonds might be some girls best-friend, but for me it's the Subies!"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Changes...

Congrats!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It didnt take long to start the mods on the STI. only two weeks after buying it I have an AccessPORT for it, currently running stage 1, as well as the RS*R GT2 catback. I also pulled the air intake silencer out so I could hear the turbo.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have that mod on mine. Sounds so much better.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.