Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monstar's '98 Stage Rally Outback

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Monstar's '98 Stage Rally Outback

Stumbled across this place from a fellow wagon enthusiast, Thought i'd share my build with you guys since its something a little out of the ordinary.

I was suppose to be racing this year in my '08 Production class WRX, but it got **** canned since i couldn't title or register it any more due to its fire damage history.
    So i went to work building a new car out of this outback i bought for my ex GF. Building it for Open Light class and hope to dominate for the NW Regional Rally America Title in 2014.

So lets run through the quick version of the story

Clean titled 98 outback limited, Heated everything, 147k, auto, really clean $2200.

First project was a WRX Dash swap

So at this point in the stage, Cars been repainted, windows tinted, wrx dash/Center console swap complete, cars gutted, lots of rewiring, and probably some other stuff.

Stereo got a new home

Tsudo UEL Headers with Highflow Cat

Custom 2.5" straight pipe. (getting a muffler put in soon, i hate it!)

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Started on skid plates next. Need to protect this beautifully bronzed up UELs

Bent it into shape

Fitted

WRX rear diff cover with extra bolts to hold on the rear skid

Made a new dash plate

Then started some dirty work.
    The motor was leaking about a quart of oil every couple days, and the automatic was ready to quit at any time...

so out they came.

If you've got a good eye, you'll see whats been added to the engine bay, and a little teaser for whats next

Stripped out all the sound deadening, the entire HVAC system, and a ton of worthless wiring.

back together

testing a paint scheme for the hood....

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

PPG 1-4 straight cut 5 Speed!

Rhinolined some parts

and the engine bay.

This is why i put my roll cage in last. Because its already a pain in the *** to work under the dash to begin with. So make sure EVERYTHING is buttoned up on the car, and then throw the cage in.

New flywheel and last of the gaskets for the motor

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So after doing a 5 speed swap and motor refresh all by my self. I had to recruit some help to install my air filter. I just couldnt figure that one out on my own. Thank fully i had the kiddo around. He's great with his shapes.

Then i finally got to take it down to my shop and go threw it and make sure everything was buttoned up, and fix a couple issues.

Then of course it was PLAY TIME!

finally repainted my back hatch too.

Picked up a wing

Retrofit was next

So as of today, This is how shes sitting

And i've got some parts on order right now, So should have some more updates soon!
    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by MonstarMotorsports; 10-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Monstar's '98 Stage Rally Outback

Welcome to the team. I love it. I also posted a picture to our Facebook page.

How did you stumble upon us?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Friends with Rob Herman on facebook. His wagon was an inspiration for mine. and I noticed his windshield banner said igotasubaru.com So i had to come check it out
    Thanks for the welcome!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Awesome! You now need to become a premium member sponsor! Free gear, and lots of goodies!

Thanks Rob!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Too bad I cant see the pictures! Soon as I get on land Ill be sure to check this out

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

^ Well sorry to rub this post in your face. its nothing but pictures too lol

Work was slow as **** today. Put the car on the lift for pretty much no reason. Did fix a open O2 port though, car sounds a little bit better now lol.
    But why not post some new pictures!

I've got half a dozen things ordered right now im just waiting for to show up... wish **** would start coming in so i had something to do!!! >:|

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Your wagon is completely awesome! Using street signs as skid plates is seriously the best idea EVER. I don't know why I never thought of that.. I think I'm going to have to do this with the few random signs I have laying around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast