Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: '92 SVX Seats

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

'92 SVX Seats

Questions for you SVXers. I have near perfect (donor) power leather seats from a 92 SVX and I want to put them in my 92 that has manual suede seats with a ciggy burn in them. Since I drive it daily, I don't want to start ripping them out and replacing seats without knowing what's involved (in case I can't finish). It also might be good to know that I'm not that handy with the tools so what might take a normal guy an hour, takes me 2 or 4. I'm more of a concept guy.

So, my questions? Will the wires I need be available as a plug and if so, where? Or do I have to rig something. Is there going to be any problem fitting these into the car? How about the back seat, it is easy enough to get out? I have a complete parts car, so I'd be able to rip out whatever I need.

Sorry for the baby questions, but I'm not that mechanical (yet). Thanks for any advise.

Scott
    Last edited by scole665; 10-19-2012 at 10:50 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Hey buddy, it should be a pretty straight forward swap with really basic tools & mechanical ability. I'm gonna move this thread for you into the "general" section(when I get on a computer).

Edit: I'm actually not going to move it because I'm more of a public figurehead due to extreme handsomeness type of mod versus the actual empowered to do stuff type. But yeah, grab a ratchet set and a six pack then get to swapping!
    Last edited by DownforceTom; 10-19-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    Every thug needs a lady.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scole665 View Post
    Questions for you SVXers. I have near perfect (donor) power leather seats from a 92 SVX and I want to put them in my 92 that has manual suede seats with a ciggy burn in them. Since I drive it daily, I don't want to start ripping them out and replacing seats without knowing what's involved (in case I can't finish). It also might be good to know that I'm not that handy with the tools so what might take a normal guy an hour, takes me 2 or 4. I'm more of a concept guy.

So, my questions? Will the wires I need be available as a plug and if so, where? Or do I have to rig something. Is there going to be any problem fitting these into the car? How about the back seat, it is easy enough to get out? I have a complete parts car, so I'd be able to rip out whatever I need.

Sorry for the baby questions, but I'm not that mechanical (yet). Thanks for any advise.

Scott
    The seats will fit bolt for bolt, no problem. To get them to work, you're best bet is to get the full harness and switches. I'm not entirely sure how it's wired, but there should be wiring under the carpet and center console (I believe this is where the switches are).

Quote Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
    Hey buddy, it should be a pretty straight forward swap with really basic tools & mechanical ability. I'm gonna move this thread for you into the "general" section(when I get on a computer).

Edit: I'm actually not going to move it because I'm more of a public figurehead due to extreme handsomeness type of mod versus the actual empowered to do stuff type. But yeah, grab a ratchet set and a six pack then get to swapping!
    I actually will move this; at least to the General forum for now.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks Kenny! I would've if I could've...but I couldn't so I made a funny comment instead.
    Every thug needs a lady.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I went ahead and moved it (again) to the classic Subaru forum instead of the Baja forum since I assume you arent talking about a Baja

I will suggest we get another forum built up for SVX, since we have one for the Tribeca

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And now that we have an SVX section, I moved it AGAIN!

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

So...did it work out?
    Every thug needs a lady.

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. Yeah, it took me awhile to get to it, but indeed, the wires were all there. Unbolted, unplugged, then plugged and bolted. Viola! It was about as simple as it gets. The seats are beautiful! :-)