Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 34th Annual SPCA Walk for the Animals

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

34th Annual SPCA Walk for the Animals

Hey everyone! I just signed up to participate in the 5K run portion of the SPCA 34th Annual Walk for the Animals!

I randomly decided to go to Starbucks yesterday morning, even though I was running a little late for work, which I don't usually do. So as I was waiting in line for my coffee, I looked up at their bulletin board and saw this:

A flyer for the walk! The weird thing is our dog, Rusty, passed away last year on October 28th, which is the day of the walk this year. Such a coincidence!

He was just 6 years old and the happiest pup ever! On October 21, 2011, he started getting sick at home. He stopped eating and would barely get up to walk around. It was so unusual for him. We took him into the vet Monday morning. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. The next Friday, October 28th, they told us he needed to be put down because he was in pain and was not getting any better. His liver was failing and he was jaundiced. It was devastating because it came on so quicky without any signs before that Friday. Our whole family went down to the office to say goodbye to him. My husband, his sister, and I stayed with him while they gave the injection. It happened so fast, it was like he went to sleep, but unwillingly. This was the first time I ever had to put a pet down. It was heartbreaking to all of us. He was gone in just a week's time from getting sick. Rusty was cremated and he sits in our family room in a marble urn with his collar around it. The vet also gave us a clay paw print of his. <3

So when i saw the poster, it was a sign. When I got to work, I looked it up and signed up for the race. I also made a donation page in memory of our Rusty puppy. My goal is to raise at least $100.

Click HERE to go to Team Rusty's Donation Page!

Here is a list of how your donations will contribute (though you can donate even $1 to help out):
    $25- Vaccinations for 2 Animals
    $75- Spay/Neuter 1 Dog
    $150- Feeds 3 Litters of Kittens
    $300- Treats 2 Dogs for Heartworm
    $500- Spay/Neuter 10 Cats
    $750- Funds 4 Months of Vaccine Clinics
    $1000- Funds 6 Weeks of Critter Camp

If anyone would like to help out the SPCA and the unfortunate animals there that need care and homes, please don't hesitate to go to Team Rusty's donation page and make a donation. Every little bit helps! And a big thank you to anyone who donates!
    Last edited by 04Roobi; 10-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Bump

Dogs love Subarus!

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Bump for having one week left until the walk and 5k!