Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aftermarket sunroof install

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Soooooo, who wants to rent a sawzall & make my STi into the king of the trailer park? I'll need a giant flaming chicken sticker for the hood.

Every thug needs a lady.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DownforceTom View Post
    Jj said

Right? That's exactly what happened, it's all right there on the first page.
    T-tops FTW! My Camaro had T-tops and that's what made me hate not having a sunroof in my 96 LGT so much.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Hmm.. Quote fail^^

too lazy and tired to care though. you get the point lol

4. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tom, here are my opinions:

1. Its your car, do what you want to it regardless of what other people tell you or sway you to do. Look at me, I spent more in parts and upgrades for my wagon than I actually spent FOR the wagon itself. But its mine, and I am very happy with it.

2. That being said, sunroofs arent without hassles and problems. All of them at some point will leak/jam/fail/ect ect. But if you are prepared for that and know the inner workings of yours and can work on it yourself you will save yourself hassles (and money) in the future.

3. I have always loved sunroofs, almost as much as I love T-Tops. I had T-Tops on my firebird and no sunroof in the world compares to them. So I say do the T-Top option

honestly though, if it were me, in your shoes with your car in sunny florida I would save up and have a Subaru dealer install it with a warranty and then crank that sucker open evey day on your way to and from work. Unless you leave work between 3-4 pm cause thats when FL likes to surprise you with that 10 min thunderstorm.

BTW, my Forester has a sunroof and even though an issue came up (told mom to stop using it till I get home and look at it) I know that I will fix it and continue to use it till the day we sell or wreck that thing

5. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So in the words of Super Troopers... "Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee it"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123