Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: GC 2 NV

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Project: GC 2 NV

Hey guys, This is my project i have been trying to get the time to work on after getting home from Afghanistan! started off pretty good but as school started and i had to go back to work i have been slacking im pretty much just gunna copy and paste over from my build thread on RS25.com so it will seem like some time has gone by but all the dates are the same hehehe enjoy!!

The chassis is a 00 Impreza 2.5 RS oupe in BRP i purchased from my buddy for a mere $1700

Mods as of Pre-Deployment were:
    KYB GR2/Perrin Springs
    Perrin Adj Rear Sway bar with Kart boy end links
    Tanabe exhaust
    Cobb CAI
    WRX 2 Pot front Calipers
    Exedy Clutch
    ...i think thats it...

I have purchased during deployment:
    Walbro 255
    Perin (iirc) modded 816cc injectors
    HKS SSQV (Yes, yes go ahead and hate!! lol)
    C-West (real deal) Front Lip
    06 STi rear diffuser
    GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solinoid
    Morettes (2x...one moded with BMW Projectors...might have jacked them up too much so found another set incase i did... lol)
    Extreme Dimensions rear bumper
    06 WRX EJ255 swap w/ trans and rear diff
    06 Dash and cluster
    ATI Tripple Gauge Pod
    Water temp sensor adapter (goes in rad hose)
    Cobb Knock-off Exhaust
    GrimmSpeed Ported/Polished/Coated/Deleted TGV's
    Prosport CF Hood Damnpers
    ISC Coil-overs with teh BC Racing rear adj. extensions
    06 WRX front and rear seats (was told they were same as STi but all black...not so much...)
    JDM Hazard Switch
    XXR 530s 17x9.75 +25mm
    Z Store Flares
    SSAC FMIC
    Grimmspeed 8mm Plenum spacers
    Synergy 20g turbo 8cm^2 and 3" inlet
    Tial 38mm Wastegate
    Tomi UEL manifold and up pile moddified for EWG
    Dura Flex Side skirts
    Momo Steering wheel and hub
    NRG quick release hub
    inovative Wideband w/ gauge
    AMR 3" turbo inlet
    Killer B motorsports Oil pan, Pick up and Baffle
    Prosport Boost Gauge
    Custom Parrallell fuel rail mod
    Gates Timing Belt
    Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
    Whiteline "Bump Steer" kit
    ---maybe forgetting something....not sure---

for engine management i will be goin with open source tuning....got a buddy thats been getting good reviews with his skills in such endevers so hell get her up and runnin for me from that stand point...probably have it looked at when i get to a dyno for some numbers too...thinking of playin around with e85 as well so we will see where i end up, but leaning towards Alchy/Meth...similar set up in a 2011 WRX (Still stock block as well) is hittin a little shy of 430 to the wheels(virtual dyno numbers though)...i plan to hit 400 on stock block just becaue i am told i cant reliably...so ill do it, for a bit then swap in a built block...otherwise toying with the idea of a build EG33 motor swap in the distant future...but who knows...

should be about it though for this project...debating on selling the DD and just using this as it should be pretty reliable...but other than that ill probably just collect more wheels as time goes on....swap over a few parts from the DD(which i will update the mod lists for) and if i do decide to sell the sedan, ill finish the interior as well...
    Last edited by GC 2 NV; 09-20-2012 at 03:52 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

so came home and got to work on the car...put the motor together first

when i picked it up:

in progress:

Ran into an issue with my bolt on 20g....

so decided i wouldnt wait for things to get resolved and fixed it myself:

Parrallel fuel lines are just smarter!!! and a press gauge!! even though its under the hood...but still better than none!!

and complete as i can get it at this stage:
    Last edited by GC 2 NV; 09-20-2012 at 04:15 AM.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

well.. had to prep the chassis...motor was already out as my buddy bought it for his rally car build, i also had to steal the stearing rack for my sedan as its my DD and it went out so i got a brand new one for the project!! also decided i didnt want to deal with swapping cross memebers as previously i was planning to swap the sedan, so i notched out the cross member to get the up and mannifold to fit!!

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

on to the big step!! got the motor in the car!!! sitting all nice and pretty!!

also sarted tearin things apart and test fit my IC...

ohz noz

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

for the swap i decided to do an entire swap!!! i swapped out the dash board and all the HVAC components so the harness is 95% 06 WRX wiring...all i had to do for wiring was wire in the Fuel pump, rear lights, and swap out the connectors for the doors. i could have wired in the rear speakers...but this is a go fast car so screw it!!! hehehehe

decided some refreshments were needed and i finished up the wiring:

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

AAANNNNDDD.... SHE STARTS!!! like a frickin beuty too!!! hehehe had some issues with it not starting, but it was just because i forgot to swap over the antena halo for the immobilizer system...doh!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...51045680969141

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

also thought i would play around with test fitting the exterior bits

and have the interior done-ish as well (no good updated pics yet though...) :

and if u wanna see...this is everything out! harness and all!!! :
    Last edited by GC 2 NV; 09-20-2012 at 04:21 AM.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

so now i just sit and wait...the "complete" swap i purchased was inclomplete so im now in need of a couple more parts to be drivable...need an intake, a MAFS, some axles cause i cannot for the life of me get my stubs to pop out of my RS trans, weld up the sub frame, make a down pipe, and fix te inter cooler piping (bought the SSAC kit which 1 is ssac lol and 2 is disigned for a JDM swap so its a little off as u can see in the pics above...

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

She comes home from my buddies (he lives about 20 min away) this weekend! so i should be able to tie up all the loose ends that i can and dont require money...or a lot of it hehehe, gotta start getting full paychecks before i can get the parts together...and hopefully my G.I. Bill will kick in soon...fingers crossed... the body work should start some time in november though...so hopefully ill be able to enjoy it a bit before winter hits and then be complete by the time spring rolls around

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

well...she didnt make it home...for some reason the steering rack doesnt want to match up to the stering u-joint...i think the parts guy might have goofed up and gave me a GD rack...so as soon as i get the GD steering joint from the doner cars p.o. im gunna swap over to the GD steering column (dont see y it woudnt fit...fingers crossed) and throw the GD u-joint on and be good...i hope...but to be sure ill check the fitment of the joint before going through the work of swapping the columns...hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast