Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking about rebuilding my 2.5rs.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

thinking about rebuilding my 2.5rs.

So my question is what can I improve on, when I rebuild the motor. Thinking about doing it in spring. Wanna get ideas now so I can save the money. I'm not looking to turbo it or anything just a nice daily with some pick up an go power to it. The reason I'm thinking about rebuilding it is because I have alil bit of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, which is oil blow by. I have a buddy the will rebuild it for me, just want to see if I can improve on anything. Don't want to spend a whole lot of money either. Thanks...

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

One thing that gives you nice improvement is better flow, While it is down port and polish the heads as well as the intake manifold. Also use a good machine shop to do your machining to ensure it is nice clean work. This will prove to be a better investment. Anything possible to keep engine and intake air temps down also will help.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Ok an cool. My buddies shop is a machine shop an mechanic in one. An he's built some sick motors.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Nice, that makes things easier for you.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I was also wondering if it is possible to upgrade my internals to sti internals?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

If going through the time and expense why not use aftermarket internals such as ACL, Clevite, Etc for bearings. Manley, Eagle, Etc for Connecting Rods. With Manley, Wiseco, CP, Je or some other known piston? You can build a healthy engine with great manufacturers for a good price if you plan it properly and execute it. Feel free to contact me for prices. Also make sure the guy doing your engine does a balance on the crankshaft and have it Micro Polished. It makes them nice

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The only reason I'd figured on using Sti internals is cause they'd be cheaper. I'm not looking to build a monster, just want something I know can handle me playing now an then. I just alil more out of the car, but still be able to get good gas an be a nice daily driver...

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

be careful when using STI rods.. they are shorter than the rs rods another thing to think about NA vs FI mapping for your motor.. make sure to have done all your research before buying anything.. just a heads up..

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dont get stock STi parts unless you can help it. Honestly, you wont save that much money in the long run cause all the old parts need to be inspected and possibly cleaned, honed, balanced, or otherwise replaced and then youre out twice as much. Unless you get the parts damn near free, just save up and get new parts.

thats why I still havent done my swap yet, Im collecting pieces one at a time...

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Good bump guys because I missed his reply to my last message somehow. Yes as they said going with the sti parts are more risky and in the end can cost you more than the aftermarket ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast