Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 04 wrx not starting

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@TTLM View Post
    Are you sure you have full battery strength, may be something to check for starting along with the mentioned, wire check and starter test.

Far as the clutch pedal goes, does it push then stay to the floor or does it come back up on it's own?
    i charged battery last night and tried to start again today. of the many attempts i had one attempt that made any noise of the engine trying to start. then nothing again. swapping a starter to see if that helps. the throwout bearing has clips on it that attached to the clutch fork. no i didnt try snapping it onto the pressure plate. never heard of doing that. didnt have to do that one my buddies that we had pulled the engine a few times. as i said im goin to be trying to swap a starter tomorrow and see if that gets me anywhere. as far as the clutch pedal coming back up on its own... i had it stick twice but normally comes up on its own.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

hows the fluid in the clutch master cylinder resivior? Pump the clutch with the cap off a few times make sure it is at proper level though. Let me know if there is any pedal change.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zach@TTLM View Post
    hows the fluid in the clutch master cylinder resivior? Pump the clutch with the cap off a few times make sure it is at proper level though. Let me know if there is any pedal change.
    the level was just below the max level but i havent tried pumping with the cap off. ill give it a try the next time i get time to work on it. might not get a chance till tomorrow or maybe later this weekend. ill keep you posted.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

still no luck with the starting. im gonna try disconnecting and reinstalling the wiring harness and i have a friend of mine comin up this weekend to help me figure this out. ill be checking the clutch master cylinder resivor level then as well. cant check it myself. lol

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I am thinking a missed wire somewhere at this point. Very easy to do sometimes..

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

ok so i got the starting problem fixed. it had to do with the spring that attaches to the clutch fork. it was missing so the forks wouldnt return to where they needed to be so i couldnt push the clutch in far enough to get the clutch pedal switch to make. now with that being said... there is a whole other big long story of why i need to replace my clutch and flywheel again but basic version is the place that put it in didnt install it right and the clutch was always at least partialy engaged so now the clutch and flywheel have all kinds of hotspots. also need to replace the slave cylinder because of how the shop modified it to install the new clutch.

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Wait they had to modify the slave to install the clutch? That's not right! I hope you don't go to them again. Are you seeking anything from them for wrong doing? I mean gesh this is costing you another clutch and flywheel...although you can probably save some money and have the flywheel turned. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

yeah they modified the slave and put in it backwards. No i am never going to them again. i now do everything myself with a buddy and his brother. The brother is a mechanic at a subaru dealership. all three of us have wrxs. 2 04s and an 06. no not seekin money from them for it. ill just tell everyone not to go there. in the long run that will cost them more then me gettin the money back. im goin back to a stock clutch and flywheel. already have the clutch. my buddies bro is checkin to see how much he can get flywheel and slave cylinder for with his discount and such. hope to have the car back on the street this weekend or next at the latest.

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Understandable, Keep us posted on the process and let me know if you need anything.

10. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

got the car all put back together and got the engine started. now just have to find the missing power steering resivor cap... lol its always something but glad to have the car back up and running

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast