Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 04 wrx with rough idle and really bad sputter when given gas.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

04 wrx with rough idle and really bad sputter when given gas.

Been working on a 04 WRX was driving it and at WOT the car would not go over 50mph and then it slowed down to 45 then down to 35 and then 15 and will not go over 15mph. When at idle it idles a bit rough and when given gas the car just stutters, miss fires and sounds like fuel supply is being cut off. we have checked the fuel pump, swapped out injectors with known ones that work, checked for boost leaks and fixed them, swapped out coil packs, cleaned the spark plugs, changed crank shaft positioning sensor, also done a compression test and all cylinders tested out at 150PSI we have ran out of ideas to troubleshoot has this happened to any one and know what is wrong???

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Honestly, it sounds to me like a vacuum leak. Did you check all the vacuum lines to make sure you didnt forget one, or maybe one popped off?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

But I am no guru!

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It does sound like a leak somewhere. I would start by checking the turbo inlet, they are very prone to getting holes in them.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

04 wrx with rough idle and really bad sputter when given gas.

That is where the boost leak was and we fixed it. We ate thinking the TGV's might be stuck closed