Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like some thoughts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Would like some thoughts

I recently bought a set of D2 coilovers for my 02RS. When I receives them they needed more work than I thought they would, all the collars need replaced once the old ones are off from being seized. I just haven't had the time to do it. My question is I've been debating on weather rebuilding the coils or sell them an put a forester suspension under my RS for something alil differents. Thoughts? Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Rebuild them!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I agree with rebuilding them...If time comes into play on doing that it will really be an issue on the suspension swap.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

What would be the issue with the suspension swap?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Would like some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    What would be the issue with the suspension swap?
    More money for one. Second I don't think it would handle as well.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I would think it be cheaper since all I need it forester struts an springs an they bolt up. With the coils I have new collars are like 20 to 30 a piece from d2 plus the 400 u paid for them.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Re: Would like some thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    I would think it be cheaper since all I need it forester struts an springs an they bolt up. With the coils I have new collars are like 20 to 30 a piece from d2 plus the 400 u paid for them.
    What about your handling?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I already have one vehicle that handles like its on rails. I think it be fun to make it so I could do some off roading an not have to worry about messing anything up. I already have strut bars an will be.getting better sway bars an end link so that would help.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Anyone else have opinion?

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ok so I've decided that I'm selling the coils, and already have buyer. My question now it forester suspension or Sti pinks suspension under my RS. Id love to do the sti, but I was told that sometimes Sti struts an springs are proned to failure. If that's true, I was also looking at a set if d spec struts but not sure what kind of spring to get with them. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast