Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: amgarrety's 2003 USDM Legacy B4

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New headlights are installed! The quality is a bit worse than my non-HID headlights, but that is expected from a used set of lights. The only downside to these lights, I just discovered, is that there is a bit of a condensation leak. That will be fixed, because I hate condensation in my lights. I'm less than happy with that, but otherwise, the lights are great. Amazing light output! Some pictures, you ask?

Horrible night time photos, but so you can see how bright they are next to the stock fog lights:

I'm keeping my other non-HID lights for car shows, since they are much clearer when they are off. The HID lights are much brighter, so I have them on my car for practicality. Both lights are set up with quick connect and disconnect so changing out lights takes about 30 seconds after taking the bolts out.

Also, side by side comparison of my current cluster and my soon to be installed cluster:

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

A small series of updates. I did work with the headlight leveling motors, preparing them for the switch which should be arriving in the mail soon. I hooked up a mock switch to get the motors moving, and I also replaced the wire on the connectors that attach to the headlight. The exporter cut the wires way too short to work with.

Before:

After:

Along with HID headlights, since it is possibly harmful to run them at a lower voltage than they are designed, I disabled DRLs. This left me with out DRLs all together, but I still like to have some sort of light on the front of my car, so the last mod for the day involved making my fog lights independent. We finally completed that project around 2am. Now all that there is left to do is wait for my headlight leveling switch to come in, wire that up, and then complete my gauge cluster project. I'm shooting to have the headlights done this week and the cluster done some time next week.

Just fogs, no other lights:

Fogs and parking lights:

And low beams and fogs, as normal.

I elected to not enable them to be on with high beams. It's a feature I can enable another time, but this more than covers the things I need it to (basically DRLs).

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Re: amgarrety's 2003 USDM Legacy B4

Great job.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well guys, I have some bad news.

So what happened. In bumper to bumper traffic, the car in front of me sped up, so I sped up. He hit his brakes too quickly, I was a little late and gave him a love tap, then the car behind be hit me, and a fourth car railed all of us. I had little damage until the last car. Here is a picture of the fourth car that his us pretty hard:

And the car I hit:

As far as damage goes, I am EXTREMELY lucky. Firstly no one was hurt, which was good. I have absolutely no damage to my rear end, aside from one scuff on the bumper which is hardly visible. As far as the hood goes, it is beyond repair, so I'm switching back to my stock hood until I can get another turbo hood (mark my words, I will). With the grille, I took it off, and it isn't warped as all, but a lot of it is cracked. There is no visible damage, but the cracks are there, just well hidden. Four of the six mounting bolts broke, so I only have the two outer mounting points and the one that bolts behind the emblem. The headlights are fine except for two mounting points on the drivers side. Easily fixable. The radiator support and radiator are bent, but fixable.

So what needs done is I need a new radiator, I need to straighten the frame, and I need to swap on my old hood and my silver B4 grille. I'll keep the HID headlights in. It is also getting suspension looked at tomorrow to make sure everything is ok.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Re: amgarrety's 2003 USDM Legacy B4

Glad you didn't get hurt. The car can be fixed.
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

And it definitely will be. I've got some really cool ideas in store just as soon as I find out how much money I get from insurance. I've got some sources for some cool and super unique parts

But for now, back to the stock hood and silver L7 grille!

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Back and better than ever! D-type front end, quite possibly the only one of this style in the US.

That is a brand new bumper, a brand new hood, brand new headlights, two grilles to fit the hood (US grilles won't fit), and some side skirts, which after paint, will be added to the car as well!

The only issue that arose was my headlight leveling switch, which stopped working with these new headlights. I'll have to investigate and see what that is all about.

I guess I'll need to go for a nice photoshoot soon.

Also, for those trying to keep count, I'm up to 6 grilles, 4 pair of headlights, and 3 hoods.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Photoshoot today:

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Turns out some paint and a cheap decal go a long way:

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looking at some new rims in the near future. A photoshopped picture to kind of get an idea of what they will look like:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast