Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noticed decrease in fuel mileage. Need help

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Noticed decrease in fuel mileage. Need help

Amsoil FTW!
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

^^ Agreed

Also may run 5w30, my opinion is it is too thin and recommend 10w30. These cars run warm and use the oil and coolant to keep those temps down. Doing so thins the oil out and running an already thin oil makes that process start sooner. Also we were not saying you do not know how to take care of your cars. Completely sorry on how that came across. Just the mileage was listed and it was like whoa what? Using the sea foam instead of the lucas will also clean the carbon from the valves and engine as well.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So seafoam works better?. I thought you guys were asking the mileage on the car not the oil so that's my bad also. Would changing my fuel filter help? If soo where is it an is it a pain to change. What else can I do to improve my cars performance.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Yes from my experience seafoam works better. It's cool just a complete misunderstanding due to reading text verses talking in person. It's never a bad thing to check the filter, It is in with the fuel pump mounted between the pump and the bracket..it is not difficult to change.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

So is it in the tank so some where its in easy reach?

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

yes in the tank...just remove rear seat, then access panel, then unplug, unbolt, and pull complete assembly out. I will see if I can find pics from a fuel pump install and do a brief write-up on here to show you better.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

From what I found, I found that the fuel filter is in the engine bay on my car with an in an out hose going to it.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Oil changed, fuel filter changed, tires rotated, an rally armor mudflaps installed..

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I apologize, what car is this for? I was assuming this on a STi for some reason...It very well can be in the engine bay as many subaru models are like this. I got confused as to which forum I was logged into as I am on both this and igotasti.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12