Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noticed decrease in fuel mileage. Need help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Noticed decrease in fuel mileage. Need help

Ok so I've been driving my RS an have notice a decrease in my fuel mileage an don't understand why. I know that I'm over due for an oil change, so I'm getting ready to do that on Saturday was wondering what else I could check, change or improve on the car. Thanks for the help..

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Noticed decrease in fuel mileage. Need help

When was the last time you changed the plugs and air filter?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Just did plugs an wires a few months ago an I have an aftermarket intake on the car.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Strange. How bad is the oil?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Havent. Checked yet.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    Havent. Checked yet.
    How many miles you have on it?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlkanBlue02RS View Post
    On the oil?

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

I hope there isnt that many miles in between oil changes, definitly not good. Other things that can contribute to lower MPGs is tire pressure, if tires are lower on pressure takes more to rotate them, low grade gas, and dirty fuel system run some sea foam in a tank of gas. In addition to these items the oil change should help some.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

No not on oil. I know how to take care of my cars. I'm like two months or so over due for my oil change. I ran some Lucas fuel additive an I add Lucas oil additive every oil change. Doing my change on Saturday, I use Mobil one high mileage for oil with a Mobil one filter. Any others suggestions for oils will always be looked at. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast