Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: boost/turbo issues!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

boost/turbo issues!

ok where to start.... so i was driving today and my car started making a loud whistling sound like compressor surge. it only does it under full boost and then it starts to lose boost. everything is fine under normal driving conditions. i am pretty sure my exhaust is leaking where my downpipe meets my catback, and i wasnt able to check but im pretty sure i lost a bolt or something from somewhere because i heard a metal on metal klunk before this all started. im honestly lost at this point without being able to get under my car being that its raining and dark and all.

any info experience please any input would be helpful

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

if anyone can help with this at least... what does your legacy read out vacuum?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Any codes come up?
    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Do you have a boost gauge? I don't think a leak in the exhaust can cause this issue. It sounds to me like a coupler is loose or something. The best I can prescribe with out knowing anymore is take it to a shop and have a boost leak test done.

Can you log? we might be able to catch something in a log but that is no guaranty.