Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: possible maf issues?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

possible maf issues?

I recently relocated my intake filter lower down and close to an opening to get colder air instead of the short ram setup i had. today while driving i believe i hit a puddle or something, because my CEL came on throwing the p0103 code, and it started to bog down between 3.5-4k rpm. i went home and dried off my filter, and cleaned my MAF but it wont start up. i can unplug my MAF sensor and it runs, but as soon as i plug it back in, it dies. i replaced the MAF sensor thinking it was that, but it didnt change anything. any sugestions on what to do would help alot

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Is it still throwing a code?

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i cleared the code off, but havnt been able to have it running to see if it pops back up

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

P0103 indicates that the maf signal is to high. I suspect that there is moisture in the connector or a short between signal and 5 volts.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

what would you suggest i do?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Maybe spray some contact cleaner in the connector. You also need to verify that there is not a short between the signal and power wire to the sensor. For that I need to know the year and model of your car and I can tell you what wires to check.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you do end up needing a new maf, I have an extra one.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Ok I figured out what car you have... do you have a Tactrix and RomRaider installed?

First we need to see if the MAF signal is getting to the ECU. If not then we have to probe for shorts.