Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lifting a 2005 OB 2.5i

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Question Lifting a 2005 OB 2.5i

Im not sure if anyone will see this but here goes nothing...

I just bought the car and I want to lift it. I have seen I can do a very easy 1" lift via Subtle Solutions spacers but I really want 2" maybe more if I can do it without it turning into a gigantic headache. I know on older generations of OBs you could just swap out other Subie spring and get a set of GR2s and the job was done. However, this body style appears more complex. I really do not want to spend all the money on a set of Kings and I got to wondering if there were any other spring (possibly OEM, Subie or otherwise) that would give me the inch or so of lift I am looking for.

Any help would be great, anybody who has tried and kicked themself please speak up.

Thanks in advance

Tim

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

ive read somewhere that people will use forester suspension but i dont know from which model or anything like that, but it would be a better option than spacers

3. Top Of Page | #3

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So...the way I read that I would be best off using Forester springs even though my car technically is taller? I have been looking and figured that may be the case but I am not sure which body style. Should I stay in the 98-04 Foz or the newer body style? I am thinking of just calling my local Subaru parts counter and asking some questions. If the parts guy is not a dummy he should be able to warn me of any potential issues.
    Last edited by OUTBAMF; 08-02-2012 at 12:50 AM.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

here is one done on an 02 which shares the same suspension as 05
    http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25223
    most people at the parts counter will try to steer you away from doing anything thats not oem, well from my experiences

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks very much for the help!

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

How did I miss this post so far...?

Anyway, Sounds like you are on the right track! Keep us posted and POST PICS!!!