Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Official Winter Beater Thread (2011-2012)

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The Official Winter Beater Thread (2011-2012)

This thread will only be stickied up until March 21st, 2012 which is the first day of Spring and then it will be closed. So for this 2011-2012 season post as many pictures/videos of your winter beaters in action if they aren't stuck in the snow.. Eh, what the heck you might as well post those pics too!! So take a snow day and get some shots!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	385473_2177309791653_1214115505_32076806_1326887195_n.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	120

My current winter setup just waiting patiently for some fresh powder to accumulate on the streets. In the end I really have no choice but to drive it.. Buying a winter set of wheels and tires was a little cheaper than putting a beater on the road this year.
    Last edited by Hamstah; 12-24-2011 at 01:53 AM.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

That's ok. I hear they do really well in snowy conditions.

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

My 92 SVX LSL

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

1999 Mercedes ML430
    Got her 2 months ago with a bad trans. Pretty nice ride. That v8 loves to drink gas though

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wiechWRX View Post

1999 Mercedes ML430
    Got her 2 months ago with a bad trans. Pretty nice ride. That v8 loves to drink gas though

haha sick!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

My dad used to have an ML430 a long time ago. It was AWESOME! His was dark blue on black. Sadly, it was totaled during a snow storm back up in NY. Me and my dad were driving it into the city, clipping along at about 55 ish on the LIE no problem. Well, a lifted 05 Z71 Silverado came flying up the on-ramp, lost control, slammed into the passenger side of the ML and pushed us head on into the cement center barrier. We hit it dead center at just under 50 mph.

I don't know if anyone realizes it, but those things are MASSIVE and don't move for anything. It didn't even crack from the impact. My dad has had many injuries and operations, consisting of many many broken bones, spinal fusions, and his bones being extremely weak from taking prednisone for many years. This accident should literally have killed him. We walked away without a single scratch or bruise. The entire drivers side of the car had been ripped straight off the car. I wish I had pictures. There aren't many cars though would have kept us completely unharmed.

After this, my dad ended up getting a used ML55 AMG. Same color. And needless to say, it was a total and complete beast on and off road! He ended up selling it a few years later so we could move and get my mom a new car. Boy do I miss those things.

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OP updated with new info!