Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boosting an EJ251?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have a friend thats about 30 miles from there. I've never seen either one of those cars....so he must not be active in the local scene over there.

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

and he said "Lowered the price to $8000 obo and also removed the option to purchase with a
    piggy back."

So Im assuming its still running stock ECU ?

this is also what he said, along with his mod list.

The car is currently running a Hydra and is not subjected to emissions testing.
    If you would like to register this car in a county that requires emissions, you
    will need a piggyback fuel computer, stock ECU, 440cc injectors, and a rear O2
    sensor. I have everything but the piggyback and will include all that in the
    sale.

Cliffnotes: Needs to be tuned. Touched-up paint chips and
    mismatched rear spoiler and grill. The rear defrost doesn't work. Some lights on
    the cluster are blown. The interior carpet doesn't fit well near the driver-side
    floor panel. The EGT gauge flutters and needs to be grounded better. The
    synchros in the transmission (161k miles)
    are showing wear. I'll think of more and add them as they come to me.

Modifications:
    EJ251 SOHC (Approximately 120k miles
    on block/heads)
    TD04L Turbo
    WRX TMIC and Splitter
    NRG Type-S (GReddy
    Knockoff) BOV
    WRX Modded Injectors (800cc)
    WRX Fuel Pump
    WRX Engine
    Cradle
    Equal Length Headers/Uppipe (Not sure who made them)
    WRX
    Downpipe
    Cobb Tuning Midpipe and Axleback
    Kartboy Exhaust
    Hangers
    Parallel Fuel Rail Mod
    Perrin Crank Pulley
    ACT Stage 1 Clutch
    Kit w/ TSK
    Stainless Braided Clutch Line
    Whiteline Adjustable Front/Rear
    Swaybars
    Whiteline Solid Front/Rear Endlinks
    Megan Racing Street Coilovers
    Rota Torque 17x8
    BFGoodrich
    g-Force Sport 235/40/17 w/ approx 80% ramaining
    Seibon CF
    RB5 Replica Rear Spoiler
    WRX OEM 3-Piece Front Spoiler
    STi Version 6 Front
    Grill
    WRX Rear Spats
    Sony X-Plode Head Unit
    New Jet Black
    Carpet
    Alpine 6.5" Coaxial Speakers
    Alpine MRP-250 Mono Amp
    JL 12w3v2
    Subwoofer and enclosure
    Autometer CF EGT/Boost Gauge
    Autometer A-Pillar
    Gauge Pod

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hydra is a stand alone system. He is exempt from emissions because only the Atlanta area requires it...He is just outside the emissions boundary, so he doesn't have to do emissions.

I got in touch with a friend of mine over there. I'm waiting to hear back from him, but I asked if he would be willing to check out that car for you. He is a guy that I trust his judgement 100% on. He is actually one of the guys I go to when I'm hung up on a Subaru problem. If he were to say it would be worth buying, I would go for it.

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here is his listing on wrxatlanta.com

http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32925

I've met that guy....didn't know he did RSs though. lol

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sounds good, thanks again John.

I might be ready to give this guy some money after your friend looks at it.

Once you hear from him, call me or msg me something and we will work it out. Ill tell this guy I might be having someone look at it soon for me.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

haha too funny. I mean to be honest, from the pics and list of mods already installed I would say Id be willing to pay $7000 easily. I just dont want to buy it if its a polished turd, or if the engine is gonna blow apart on me first 50 miles I drive it.

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you tell him you might have King look at it, he will know who you're talking about. I don't know if he would remember me or not, but I know for sure he knows who King is.

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sweet. Ill text him in the morning and tell him "I know a guy who knows a guy who you might know. King, he is going to come look at your RS for me to be my eyes and ears for this sale" and see if his tune changes. If he starts changin his attitude or seems to be nervous Ill know theres something to hide. If hes like "oh ya, sweet let me know and Ill be here" then it will make me feel a little better about this sale.

9. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

King is a cool dude...and a Subaru expert. Like I said, he works at Topspeed....and they are one of the best Subaru shops in the country. If someone gets nervous with him looking at their car....something is up.

10. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Seller text me a few things today, one of which was in response to me asking what sort of HP and TRQ numbers he is running in that car he replied "190-200 whp and probably similar torque number" does that seem reasonable? Seems a little high since that motor stock put out like 165 or so at the crank so maybe 120-140 BHP? so 6 PSI of boost gives you 50 HP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast